Thai Coconut Zucchini Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 - 1 cup green onion
- 1-2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk (reduced fat)
- 1/2 - 1 cup water (depending on how much you need)
- 2/3 zucchinis chopped
- Brown rice
- Juice of 1 lime
- Extra toppings (for taste and beauty): Nuts and seeds (toasted or untoasted), blistered cherry tomatoes, leftover green onions, pepper, chili flakes
- Add the coconut oil to a medium/large size pot and begin to heat on medium heat. Once the oil is melted add the green onions.
- Let the onions simmer for a little bit but don’t let the onions burn.
- After 1 to 2 minutes of this simmering add the coconut milk. Once the coconut milk is heated add the curry paste. Stir it all together until the curry has dissolved into the coconut milk.
- Now add the water, the water is simply to give the soup more liquid without adding more coconut milk. For a serving for 2 I added 1/2 cup.
- Once the water has been added, add the zucchini to the soup.
- At this point it’s a good idea to taste the soup in order to see if it needs more curry paste for more flavor or maybe more water if the soup has a think consistency or a too strong flavor to your liking.
- At this point you can let the soup simmer on low while you begin to prep the rest. Such as beginning to cook the brown rice. Then once that’s all set you are ready to have some delicious soup. :)