R a w C h e r r y T r e a t s
What do you do when it's hot outside and you are craving something sweet but you don't want to eat some awful sugary treat that you can purchase in the super market? You make these Raw Cherry Treats! I have my fair share of sugar cravings but I always feel awful if I decide to just go for it and eat the cupcake or have that ice cream or whatever refinded sugar, dairy, gluten, unhealthy product it may be. You can try to completely cut treats out of your diet but I'd believe that that is no way to live and practically impossible (trust me I've tried). Then these beautiful, delicious, cocoay (yes I wrote cocoay) raw treats came into my life and I am never looking back.
These are refined sugar free, gluten free and completely vegan! Even better they are absolutely delicious! I, of course had the rest of my "not so diet restricting" family try these out and it was a huge success. To the extent that they even, too, wanted this to be a treat replacement more often. They really are delicious, everyone will love them, they aren't terribly unhealthy and you would be surprised by how filling one little slice can be. They really are very simple to make and by placing them in the freezer they can last a while as well. I promise if you give these a shot you won't regret it. They are perfect for a summer cookout or afternoon snack but not just reserved for the warm summer season. I have a feeling I'll be making these babies through all seasons. :)
1 cup of almonds
6 medjool dates
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbs unsweetened cacao powder
2 cups of desiccated coconut
1 cup of cherries
4 medjool dates
3 tbs coconut oil
4 tbs unsweetened cacao powder
2 tbs almond butter
2 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine the alomonds, dates, vanilla and unsweetened cacao powder into high powered blender or food processor. Blend all base layer ingredients together until it is a dense mix that can be formed.
- Place a cookie sheet on the bottom of the tray or container. Place base layer mix into tray, flatten out onto bottom and place in freezer
- Now blend the cherries and dates. One they are well blended together add the coconut at the very end (don’t blend too much.
- Add new mix on top of base layer and spread evenly throughout. Place the tray back in freezer
- Melt the coconut oil and almond butter in a pot. Once this is melted add the cacao powder and vanilla.
- Spread evenly on top of base and mid layer. To finish it off gently sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
- Place back in freezer.
- Its best to leave them in the freezer for about 45 minute to 1 hour before devouring. :)