Another wonderful essential oil from Young Living that I constantly use. Maybe not every day, but numerous times a week. There is an extensive list of what lemon oil can be used for, and even though I don't necessarily even use all of these myself, I have listed them below.
I have written earlier about the powers of lemon, specifically in drinking hot lemon water to start your day. While that is one powerful way of integrating lemon physically into your body, this list of benefits provides an overview of all the different ways that you can use lemon in your life and in your home.
Lemons and lemon oil are one of natures most powerful cleaning "products". Which is probably a pattern you will notice in the list below, regarding what lemon oil can be used for. While lemons can be used to "clean" and detox the physical body and the foods we eat, it can also be used to clean our home. And it really does give that clean, fresh feeling. There is nothing more refreshing than diffusing lemon oil on a cleaning day, or really any other day!
Personally, I use lemon oil mostly to clean the air by diffusing and clean my fruits and veggies (you will see this all the time on my insta). These are like the two "big" ways I use lemon oil, in the sense that I still use it for other things, from the list shared below, but these two show how using lemon oil has been fully integrated into my routine. I always always always clean my fruits and veggies before I store them in the fridge. I don't just do this to clean them, I also do this to lengthen the life of these foods. I really have noticed a difference and I have less food waste because of it. My fruits and veggies just stay fresh and crispy for a much long period, than ever before!
- Diffuse to clean and refresh the air
- Clean and lengthen life of fruits and vegetables, add to bowl of water and place fruit/vegetables and stir
- Use to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon
- Make lemonade - 2 drops lemon oil, 2 tablespoons honey and two cups water in a blender
- Clean counter tops to sterilise them
- Add to dishwasher before wash cycle
- Drop on cold sores, herpes or other mouth ulcers to lessen pain and healing
- Add to oily skin or acne to balance oil glands
- Add to wart in the morning and at night before it disappears
- Clean cutting boards
And just a couple of extra ones ;)
- Add to carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains and brighten rug + refreshing smell
- Soak dishcloth overnight in a bowl of water and lemon oil to clean and disinfect
- Add 6 drops of Lemon and 6 drops of Purification in a quirt bottle mixed with water to use as a bathroom air freshener
- Rub on hands after using public bathroom