After quite the little (actually quite long) break from writing Happy 5's, they are finally coming back to Candid Camille. My only excuse, and it really isn't good enough, is that these past couple of months have been busy, busy, busy. From writing the Fitness By Candid Camille ebook, to studying for exams at Uni, to finishing up my Health Coaching degree from IIN, to the holidays, the blogs Christmas Advent Recipe Calendar, to just life simply being, busy. Which is totally fine, and I have come to terms with the fact that this was the thing that I had to "give up" in order to get everything else done. But now it's time to get back to something that I actually cherish very deeply. These Happy 5's actually mean the world to me and I can tell that I have really missed them and missed what they have given me each Friday that I have written them.
To any newcomers to Candid Camille, Happy 5's are simply a list of 5 things, that I share every Friday, that I am grateful for or have brought me happiness at some point during the week. This is something I've been doing for a while now, and also one of the things that sometimes gets a little break on the blog. BUT I think it's actually and incredibly important part of my week and I need to start respecting it and cherishing it, even more than I already do.
Taking 5 minutes (sometimes even less) to sit down and write (or type) 5 things that have made you happy this week, is truly powerful and I strongly believe that it is something that we should all practice. More appreciation for the little things in life is never a bad thing.
With that being said, here are my Happy 5 for the week - currently being reported from our last day in Italy on ski holiday.
1. Fresh mountain air - nothing better than a deep breathe of fresh mountain air to kick start your system.
2. Active vacation with my family - I love chill vacations with lots of relaxation, but being so active and truly physically tired at the end of a day of skiing is definitely something to be appreciative of.
3. Pasta. Yes that's right! The real, gluten filled, spagetti that simply needs to be enjoyed when visiting Italy. Not just because balance in life and what you eat - but because its freaking delicious and it brings me happiness to enjoy genuinely good pasta.
4. Being able to maintain important elements of my routine - this might sound crazy to some people but being able to have my hot lemon water before breakfast and meditate everyday does a lot for me and my vacation. Maybe I'll write a post about that later...
5. Spending time with people I love. This will always bring me joy, even if sometimes this time also includes arguments and complicated time. It's all a part of life. It's all a part of family.
Wishing you all a beautiful Friday and a magical weekend. And don't forget to do your workout for today before your rest day tomorrow! xxx