Recently in my posts I've been writing "you need this/these in your life right now" and I am about to say it again, because they gluten free breakfast cookies are OH SO good! They simply, quick, delicious and perfect for on-the-go! There are also gluten free (as mentioned), dairy free, refined sugar free and actually delicious. Like truly delicious - boyfriend approved even. Like 3 cookies straight out of the oven approved.
Another thing I lovee about these cookies is that you can play around with it and add in whatever you feel like. For these I made half with cocoa nibs and the other half with fresh blueberries! I prefer having both because then I get two choices of cookie in one batch! Yay! It's the little things in life, right?
Whether you want to bring them with you for breakfast or have them as a little snack in afternoon or just whenever you need a little pick-me-up or an energy boost! Make these babies on Sunday and have them for the rest of the week or make them in the weekend for a delightful, healthy goodie that everyone can enjoy!
1.5 cups gluten free oats (1 cup blended and the rest as they are)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp chia seeds
dash of almond milk
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbs honey
1/4 cup buckwheat
cocoa nibs and blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F
2. Blend the 1 cup of gluten free oats
3. Mash the banana and whisk the egg together
4. Melt the coconut oil and the honey on low
5. While the mix is melting, add all the dry ingredients together and mix them together thoroughly
6. Now add the dry ingredients to the banana and egg mixture. Mix together and then add the melted coconut oil and honey
7. Use the almond milk to get it to a soft "wet" consistency
8. If you choose to do half cocoa nibs and half blueberries then split the mixture in half and mix them in - again use more almond milk to keep the batter moist (not the most appealing word but you get the point)
9. Make little round blobs (again not the best word) on a baking sheet - about the size that you want the cookies to be
10. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes
I hope you will love these cookies as much as I do! Give them a try and feel free to mix them up and add whatever you think would be delicious!
Have a wonderful day beautiful people! xxx