Hello beautiful people!
I just recently started using maca root powder in my smoothies, after having done some research on it's extensive list of benefits. I've been using small amounts, approximately 1/2 to 1 teaspoon, and not every day, as is recommended when starting to use a superfood such as maca. It's not due to any weird side effects of maca powder, it's simply to allow your body to naturally adjust to something new and foreign - especially as super food.
For example, for this week, I used it 3 times in my smoothies the 3 days I had a smoothie this week. I try to not have the same breakfast every day in order to vary its for my body, so that has been a perfect way of slowly incorporating it.
Now, I'm writing this post because I genuinely feel as though it has had a positive impact on me, both mentally and physically, the days that I have used it! Which is why I decided to compile a list of the top benefits of maca powder, which I found through my research!
- Vitamins and Minerals - Maca is a rich and dense source of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids and antioxidants! Maca can also have an effect on your general health, immune system and disease prevention based on all of these good things packed into it.
- Energy - Maca is well known to be a natural energy boost both mentally and physically. This can be noticed just a couple of days into using maca. It can be a great source to give you some extra energy when you are feeling run down, not feeling completely yourself, busy or just simply need a boost to your day. Which is why I've been using it in my morning smoothies and it really has made a difference! It's a perfect, natural booster!
- Balance of mood and hormones - This was actually the main reason I decided to try and incorporate maca into my morning routine. Personally I've been feeling a little off lately, due to having a very full place, feeling stressed, anxious, and truly a lack to time to take care of myself. I'm still struggling but I have noticed a mental difference the days that I've had maca as opposed to the days that I haven't! But if you're struggling with stress, anxiety, depressions or moods swings then this might be a great addition to your diet to help manage these symptoms - this should not be a replacement for professional treatment but it's might make a difference to help in the day-to-day. If you are really struggling with these things then you should be in contact with someone. These are also they types of things I will be working with during my one-on-one coaching!
- Menstrual and Menopause Issues - Maca can be used to relieve issues associated to menstruating and menopause. Issues such as cramps and hot flashes. This is something that may work for you but it may also not. It completely depends on how your body reacts to maca. Which is why you should always start with small doses!
- Libido, Fertility and Sexual Function - "Ow ow" - it's true though, maca has been shown to increase sexual function in both women and men, as well as increase endurance and boost libido. Maca is even shown to boost fertility, with an exceptional boost in men. But once again, this is very bioindividual. Some may have this reaction to maca, while other may not and some may experience it in difference degrees.
- Skin Health - Yes, maca can even help clear up your skin. Whether it be blemishes or acne, some maca users have seen a difference and clearing up of their skin since using maca in their routine. Personally, I actually feel as though my skin has gotten clearer and looks healthier since I started using maca. My skin has really been effected by stress lately and I was at a loss of what I could do to help it, other than eating clean foods and trying to lower my stress level and I really do feel as though maca has made a difference!
So there you have it. These are the top benefits of maca root that I wanted to share with you! I hope you found this interesting and hopefully you can use maca root to help you with any issues you might be having!
Have a wonderful day! xxx