What the heck is oil pulling?
Oil pulling, simply put, is like using mouthwash/whitening strips but without all the unnecessary chemicals. By now, you've probably heard of the many wonderful health powers of coconut oil and the list of uses seems to go on and on. Whether it be for baking, cooking, moisturising or oral hygiene. Personally, I am relatively new to oil pulling and I'm not as consistent as I would like to be, but I hope to change that the more I get into it.
Of course, with things like this, I wanted to do a bunch of research on it and it's benefits in order to get myself more invested but also to be able to pass on the knowledge to all of you! I genuinely have noticed these benefits in myself and I'm sure I will notice them even more, when I become much more consistent with it! But before we get to the benefits I explain how exactly one oil pulls. It's really not complicated at all.
How to Oil Pull 101
1. Get yourself some high quality organic coconut oil and it should be cold pressed!
2. Take a nice scoop (maybe like half a tablespoon to a whole) and eat it, don't swallow it, just put it in your mouth
3. Swash it around (like you would be mouthwash) for as long as you can, start with 5-10 minutes and then build yourself up from there. 20 minutes would be ideal but it does take a little getting use to, for some, it did for me at least, and I'm still working on it.
4. After the time has passed, spit it out and brush your teeth as you normally would.
5. Be consistent with it and watch the magic happen - and all of that magic you can get more details in the flyer I made below 😘
I hope you found this helpful and I hope that you will give it a try! Just try it for two weeks and you'll really start noticing the benefits - some do notice the benefits very quickly and you might too. But for the sake of it, try to give it a go for two weeks and maybe even continue on from there!
Have a wonderful day! xxx