Happy 5 was a series that was a constant and went strong for a decent amount of time, but unfortunately due to a busy schedule and trying to juggle a lot of different things, Happy 5s took a hit. Unfortunately but true, I simply has to prioritize other things. But now that my exams are ALMOST over and I feel myself coming back to life after a crazy semester, Happy 5s will be making a comeback.
Personally, these are very much for my benefit as much as yours, it's a great way for me to reflect on the week. To take a second and really thing about what are 5 things that have made me happy this week. I think it's a very healthy practice and I totally encourage all of you to do it yourself. Just write in a little notebook every Friday, Saturday or Sunday (you pick!) or write it on your own blog! Or even more fun, write them here in the comments!
Now I should have just kept up with these even though I was busy for the exact reason I just encouraged you to do it above. But I started to beat myself up for not getting the posts in on time or feeling like they weren't whole hearted. So the experience turned into a negative one, really, which is so far from the point of the Happy 5 exercise.
I really encourage you all to take the time to do your own personal Happy 5. It can take anything from 2 minutes to 20 minutes. It's completely your choice as to how much time you choose to invest in it. Spending 20 minutes instead of 2 isn't necessarily better actually. Don't over think it. Just write down the first things that come to mind when you think about happiness in this past week. And if that's that you had a killer workout in the gym on Tuesday or your made your favorite muffins or even just that you remember to meditate at least once this week. It can be anything, big or small. Small moments of happiness can mean just as much as big ones.
1. I completed a three day proposal exam (now only one left) and felt very satisfied and proud of myself when I was finished
2. My incredibly, hard working bf and all of his classmates finished their final theoretical exams on Wednesday! Us girlfriends got together to congratulate them with champagne as they came out from there exams. We are all so incredibly proud! :)
3. I decided to spoil myself (may have gone a little over the top) which some beautiful new pieces for my wardrobe - veryyy excited about this :D
4. I made My New Roots' Carrot and Rhubarb Gluten Free Muffins and they are amazing!!!
5. I am lucky enough to be sitting outside in the sunshine, in shorts and a t, writing this post on our porch at our summer cottage - no complaints
That's all I have to babble about for today - thanks for reading! xxx