I love cake. I really do. But I usually don't end up feeling very well after eating it. Which is why I've been working on this banana bread recipe for a while now. I really wanted to make one that wasn't majorly unhealthy, as all other banana breads are, but still not over the top healthy so that it ends up not exactly tasting very good.
This banana bread is soo yummy! The combo of dark chocolate and coconut with the banana is just so yum! This recipe can also be made gluten free! Actually, now that I think about it, it can also be made vegan by replacing the eggs with a chia substitute. I haven't given it a try myself, but I don't see why it wouldn't work! Maybe I'll give it a try the next time.
The fun thing about this, is that you can experiment as much as you want. You can use coconut or you can choose not too. You can do chocolate free and do cinnamon (that way being completely refined sugar free unless you use 100% cocoa).
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (about 400 degrees F)
- Blend the oats to make your very own yummy oat flour
- Mash the bananas completely and then add the eggs and mix together
- On low heat, melt the coconut oil - once melted add to the banana, egg mix
- Add the flour and the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and stir it all up
- Once it's all mixed together, add in the chocolate chips and mix again
- Line the form with some coconut oil and pour in the mixture
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, then take it out and top with some coconut sheds and bake for another 5 minutes
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3(ish) cup coconut oil
- 1 cup oat flour (If you are doing gluten free you can use 2 cups gluten free oats)
- 3/4 whole wheat flour
- dark chocolate chips or chopped pieces from a bar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Unsweetened coconut shreds