Acaí Dark Chocolate Truffles. These babies are like bliss balls but fancified. I am really not sure if fancified is even a real word but I felt it was fitting for this goodie. They are super easy to make and perfect for satisfying your sweet-tooth or to give as a little edible gift.
The acaí is the perfect way to sneak some superfoods into a delicious treat! The best part though, if I must say, is that dark chocolate crunch when you take a delicious bite. That cool crunch is just so good! I may or may not get a little bit too excited about dark chocolate crunch :)
They, like all Bliss Balls, are best if you store them in the fridge. Really the point is that YOU NEED TO GIVE THESE A TRY!
- 1 cup almonds
- 15 dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa
- 1 tbsp raw acaí powder
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- your favorite dark chocolate
1. In a food processor, blend the almonds until relatively fine
2. Then add the rest of the ingredients, except for the dark chocolate
3. Blend it all together
4. Put the balls in the freezer for 20 minutes
5. Melt the dark chocolate
6. Once melted dip the balls in the dark chocolate and place on baking sheet
7. Sprinkle a little extra Himalayan pink on top
The acaí powder I use for these delicious treats but also for my smoothies and other acaí goodies! It's a good, high quality acaí powder that I always keep in my pantry. It's from The Raw Chocolate Company!