I love oatmeal. I personally think that it is a great health comfort food option for those cold winter days where you really just want to stay in bed all day. While there are lots of different options to bring variety to your oats but I've been looking to try and do something a different. Something that gives oats a little bit more, but not something that'll make them complicated and over the top.
Oven baked oats are still a breakfast that you can make for you daily breakfast but it has just that little twist that it could also be used for brunch or for your guests. It's nothing complicated, you just need to add an extra step to the process. Nevertheless, I still think it does a lot of the oats and the experience. More than you would think. I strongly think that cookies should harder on the outside and chewy and gooey on the inside - and now I think oats should be that way too! :)
Give it a try the next time you are making a nice warm bowl of comfort oatmeal! I am sure you won't regret it!
1. Preheat oven for 200 C.
2. In a small pot add your oats and water. Put your stove on medium/high and begin to heat your oats. Once the water starts to slightly boil add the chia seeds.
3. Soon after add your apple. The apple should be cup into small little chunks that are bit size. You can choose to either but 1/4 or 1/2 an apple into the oats. Personally I like to do 1/2 the apple chopped in the oats and then 1/4 for the topping and then just snack on the last 1/4! :)
4. Once your oats are cooked to your liking and preferred texture (thick or watery), move them to your oven safe bowl and place it in the oven.
5. Bake for about 6-7 minutes - all depending on your oven.
6. Add your desired toppings and enjoy!
Ingredients (1 Serving)
- 1/2 cup of oats (gluten free oats, fiber oats, quinoa oats, etc.)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 - 1 apple (your choice)
- Flaxseeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds
- Himilayan Pink Sea Salt