I tried Chai tea for the first time this weekend. I had never tried it before, not entirely sure why just usually stuck to my mint or green tea whenever I buy tea. I got gifted some delicious chai tea for my birthday this past week, very excited to try it. Black tea is usually not my go to, mainly because I think it's too strong, but this was surprisingly delicious. Like a nice warm cup of comfort. So this is my new obsession for the week.
But I haven't even gotten to the good part yet! The benefits!
Chai tea has an beautiful array of benefits that anyone would love to add to their lifestyle. I mean, who wouldn't want to not only love a new tea but also gain all of the benefits from something new? Below is a little list of some of the top benefits that i found that chai tea might bless you with, based on its ingredients :)
- Black tea:
- Good for the heart, anti-viral and anti-cancer properties
- Black pepper: (black pepper in tea... weird)
- New studies show that it may increase your metabolism, as well as aid antioxidant support and digestion
- Helps digestion and works as an antibacterial
- Ginger rocks! It does so much good to your wonderful body! Boosts your immune system, reduces inflammation, aids digestion and is even shown, in new studies, to help fight cancer cells! Yay!
- Helps digestion, increase in metabolism, anti-inflammatory and antioxidants
- Helps digestion, supports your immune system and helps detox your body
- Liquorish root:
- Aids digestion and is great for soothing a sore throat and cough
Yay for wonderful health benefits! Once again another glorious reason to love tea! If you haven't tried chai tea before and feel up to try something new, then you should definitely give it a chance!