Last month it was Singapore, warmth (more like humidity), adventure and pool side. Now for February, I'm headed towards the complete opposite! Headed for some snowy mountains with hopefully a little bit of sunshine. "Vinterferie" (winter holiday) calls for a ski holiday this year in Italiaaaa! Yes, ladies and gentlemen we are headed to Italy and I wish you could all come with me. Seeing as that is not exactly a possibility, I will do my best to update Sea Salt & Poms as much as possible, so it will be almost like we are experiencing this adventure together.
Maybe you are heading on a ski holiday adventure yourself, and if you are then this might be helpful! There are a lot of things you need to remember to bring on these types of trips and it's not always easy to remember it all. So, I decided I would write a little post about some of the essentials. :)
- Jacket - it’s a necessity to stay warm.
- Ski pants - you know, just in case you loose your balance a little bit… a fall on your butt. Stay warm!
- Mittens/gloves - need to keep your little fingers warm, so double layer them with a thin layer (with the smart phone screen finger tips so you can take a quick pic without your hands being exposed) and then add another, big, fluffy layer with your mittens to keep out the snow
- Boots - for when you're not hitting the slopes - a little change of footwear to get out of those stiff ski boots for After-ski.
- Socks - whether your rocking ski boots or boot boots you're going to want some long, warm socks to keep your toesies warm (p.s pack a pair of fuzzy socks to lounge around in when you get back "home")
- Leggings - layers, layers, layers
- Hat - because helmet hair is not cute (yes, wear a god damn helmet… no one wants your brains all over the mountain and sometimes these things are not in your control. So protect yourself, if not for yourself for your family.)
- Headband - again helmet hair man, it's quite the bugger, plus it'll just help keep your hair situated and out of your face
- Sunnies - because sometimes the sun makes a break through and you'll want some shade
- Lip balm - I cannot emphasis this enough… just as your face will need lots of moisturizer after a long day skiing against cold air, so will your lips. This is a major essential. There is nothing worse than chapped, cracked lips on the 2 day that only gets worse as you go out every day.
- Passport - we're crossing boarders here, need your identification (as well as your insurance or medial identification card - cause you never know)
- Goggles - because eye sight is pretty essential when racing down a mountain, and snow will fly up in your face (whether it's snowing or not)
- Zip up - layers, layers, layers
- Patagonia - (or any other sweatshirt) for when you come back from a chilly day you'll be ready to snuggle up on the couch in front of a warm fire and a nice big sweatshirt is exactly what you need
Now you’re just missing your helmet, skis, boots, poles and a lift-card but then you are pretty much ready to go!
Thanks for reading!